- 130 g Celebrity Blueberry and Cinnamon goat chèvre, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda to combine then add sugar and salt. Cube the butter into 1/2 inch pieces and incorporate with dry mixture until crumbled evenly. Add chèvre then carefully add blueberries.
- Dust your work surface with flour and divide dough into two circular disks about 2 inches thick. Cut disks into 8 triangles. Place scones on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Cheddar Baked Crisp
- 200 g Celebrity Fig goat chèvre
- 1 cup Lindsay Bandaged Cheddar, shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple, 1/2″ pieces
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, cherries)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Let chèvre come to room temperature. Combine apple pieces, dried fruit, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Incorporate chèvre and shredded cheddar to fruit mixture. Add almonds.
- Pour ingredients into a 9 inch pan. Melt butter and drizzle over mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and top has turned crispy.
- Serve warm with crackers, baguette or pita bread
Mighty Grilled Cheese
- 2 inches Celebrity Honey goat chèvre
- 2 inches Lindsay Bandaged Cheddar, sliced
- 1 inch red onion, thinly sliced rings
- 3 slices green apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices fresh rye bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Spread the Honey chèvre equally over on side of both rye bread slices. Line one bread slice wth Bandaged Cheddar slices, onion and apple. Place the second bread slice cheese-side down on the first, forming the completed sandwich.
- Heat stop-top and to medium head. Spread both outer sides of sandwich with butter and place on heated pan. Grill each site for approximately 2-3 minutes or until crisp.
Pear Walnut Cake
- 130 g Celebrity Honey goat chèvre, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups al-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 large pears, peeled
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Slice 1 pear into about 16 pieces and finely chop the other. Whisk eggs and sugar together until smooth. Add chèvre, oil, lime zest and juice. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Combine web and dry mixtures until smooth then add the chopped pear and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange sliced pear to top the cake and sprinkle with 1/2 coup walnuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool before slicing.
Spiced Ribbon Salad
- 3 inches Celebrity Mediterranean goat chèvre
- 2 inches Tania sheep cheese, shredded
- 2 small green zucchinis
- 2 cups arugula and spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Stop peeling when seeds are visible. Sauté zucchini in a pan on medium heat with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Cook until delicate, about 6 minutes. Set aside until cool.
- In the same pan, head syrup and toast walnuts for about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, top arugula and spinach in remaining oil, vinegar, Dijon and garlic. Incorporate zucchini with leaves. Crumble Mediterranean chèvre and Tania over salad along with walnuts.