At Mariposa Dairy Ltd., we operate with honesty and integrity. We recognize the contributions of others and work together with all stakeholders for the mutual benefit of all. We treat others with fairness, equality and respect in all aspects of our business. We recognize and value the health and sustainability of the individual, the product offering and the environment.
If you are interested in applying to any of our available positions, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mariposa, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon reference checks and employment verification.
We are currently seeking a full-time Pasteurizer at our 45,000 square foot production facility just off Hwy 36 in Lindsay, Ontario.
You must be available to work shifts on a rotating basis. Morning shifts start as early as 4:00 a.m. and afternoon shift typically starts at 2:00 p.m.
Pasteurizing Milk needs to be done whenever raw milk is received. This involves preparing the pasteurizer for use, sanitizing the vats that will be used and properly setting up all the piping and corrections. It also involves making the appropriate switches to different tanks and vats. It is very important that protocols be observed to ensure culture and microbial enzyme are added to the vats.
- Receiving milk and sending whey, C.I.P. of vats, tanks, floors, walls, ceiling, racks, and outside of vats. Cleanliness is essential for the well-being of the cheese.
- Maintaining Raw Milk Receiving Bay, Pasteurizing Room and Setting Room.
- Receiving milk.
- Preparing for pasteurizing i.e., acid wash, line sanitation, setting up pipes, operating the pasteurizer, and C.I.P.
- Operate automated processing equipment and C.I.P.’s
- Record accurate and detailed processing records.
- Interaction with maintenance and supervisory staff regarding processing issues.
- Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOP’s and other training materials provided.
- Fully understanding how to set up for Alkaline, acid and sanitize wash of all vats, tanks and pipes.
- Culture and Rennet: How to measure culture and when to prepare and add culture and rennet to the vat.
- Daily and Weekly cleaning must be recorded on a check list or on a chart depending on the type of cleaning.
- Titrations, ATP testing and PH testing.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The above duties all have procedures written for their operations and need to be followed closely.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma and/or relevant food or dairy processing
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), including excellent sanitary habits
- Knowledge of HACCP and HTST pasteurizing systems as applied to a dairy processing plant an asset
- Milk and cream Graders’ Certificate and HTST pasteurizer course will be pursued when
- Flexibility of hours is essential. Some work on statutory holidays and / or
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Mechanical aptitude and solid troubleshooting abilities
We are currently seeking a full-time Millwright Mechanic at our 45,000 square foot production facility just off Hwy. 36 in Lindsay, Ontario.
May be required to work shifts on a rotating basis/weekend. Morning shifts start at 6:00 a.m. and afternoon shift typically starts at 2:30 p.m.
- Responsible for Mechanical troubleshooting, repairs, installation and preventative maintenance on all production equipment/machinery.
- Provide Mechanical support and maintenance/repair for building support systems.
- Maintain contact and communication with Supervision and co-workers in order to ensure and report progress.
- Respond to and complete service calls in an efficient manner.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory codes & requirements, company policy and procedural guidelines. Remain aware of and trained on all technical advances within the area of responsibility.
- Work in a safe manner, utilizing proper tools and equipment for the task.
- Utilize proper waste disposal procedures.
- Assist and support the department in achieving and maintaining budgetary and performance goals.
- Must possess good welding skills properly utilize various welding and cutting equipment.
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3- 5 years of related Millwrighting experience.
- Ontario Millwrighting license 433A with industrial experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read and discern Mechanical schematics and manuals effectively.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and time management skills.
- Ability to read and discern electrical drawings.
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- PLC troubleshooting and diagnosing an asset.
We are currently seeking a full-time Production Supervisor at our 45,000 square foot production facility just off Hwy. 36 in Lindsay, Ontario.
This position is responsible for day-to-day leadership, supervision, and co-ordination of the production staff to achieve required production, environmental and quality standards in a safe and efficient manner, and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production team.
- Develop and drive a zero incident safety culture, by providing a proactive safe work environment through an effective health and safety program. Safety MUST be the highest priority.
- Ensure the plant complies with all Ontario Health and Safety Act (OHSA) regulations and Mariposa Dairy policies and procedures.
- Ensure annual production volumes meet or exceed plan and operate at full capacity on a regular basis by minimizing plant downtime.
- Protecting company assets through a sound program of maintenance including good housekeeping, record keeping and proper security control.
- Collaborate with the maintenance department to prioritize, plan and complete department routine and shutdown maintenance.
- Ensure environmental compliance for the facility by being aware of regulatory requirements and ensuring these requirements are met. Ensure that routine inspections are completed
- Maintain all aspects of the FSSC – ISO22000 quality system
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations through good communication and fair treatment that is consistent with Mariposa Dairy’s core values and objectives.
- Ensure that all department employees are properly trained and oversee the continuous improvement of all department training materials
- Monitor, and focus on continuous improvement of KPI’s. Provide action plans for the improvement of KPI results.
- Monitor product quality and direct personnel to adjust process if needed to meet customer specifications.
- Maintains a high standard for Mariposa Dairy’s sanitation program
- Maintains good communication between production crew, sanitation crew and other departments
- Complete tasks as required
- Must have good communication and listening skills
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in a food production operation.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a technical discipline or related industry experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a self-directed individual, well organized, goal oriented and be an excellent problem solver.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities and change.
- Proficient computer skills & software knowledge, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and NAV.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available for shift work.
- Unrestricted cross border mobility and possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid passport.
We are currently seeking full-time General Labourers at our 45,000 square foot production facility just off Hwy 36 in Lindsay, Ontario.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SHIFTS ON A ROTATING BASIS. TYPICAL SHIFTS ARE 6:00 A.M. TO 2:30 (BUT COULD START AS EARLY AS 5:00 A.M.) AND 2:30 P.M. UNTIL 11:00 P.M. OR FINISH.
No prior experience needed. We will train you!
Our ideal candidate is punctual and hardworking with excellent attendance and is comfortable working with food on a fast-paced production line.
You Will Receive:
- Bi-weekly pay
- Minimum starting rate of $14.35, some positions start higher
- Benefits available after six months
- Opportunities for advancement
- Annual social events
- Feeding raw material onto production lines
- Support mixing, portioning and pack line machines, as required
- Rolling, preparing and packaging finished goods, as required
- Sorting and moving items for transport
- Assist in cleaning of equipment and routine factory cleaning in accordance with HACCP procedures
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Physical endurance with ability to stand for long periods of time
- Hand/eye coordination
- Can commute to Lindsay, Ontario and have reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 24 kg may be required
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Flexibility of hours when necessary
- Some work on public holidays and/or weekends when necessary